WHEN AND WHERE
The fifth edition of the Longless Film Festival will be held in September 2021.
Due to the current health emergency situation, the place and dates will be confirmed later.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Call for entries for short films produced by young directors and videomakers between 18 and 35 years old, both Italian and international.
- Every contestant director can submit only one short film of the maximum length of 20 minutes (including credits).
- Short films of any nationality and language can participate.
- All themes are allowed.
- All formats will be accepted.
- Longless Film Festival does not require premiere status: your film can be online or can compete in other film festivals in Italy and worldwide, but it must have not ever distributed in any theatre before.
Short films that present pornographic, racist, propaganda content, that incite discrimination or advocate violence are not allowed to participate. The same principles apply to the titles of submitted films.
SUBMISSION FEES AND DATES
20th June 2021
OFFICIAL SELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT:
5th July 2021
SUBMISSION FEE: €10
Submit your film with English subtitles through our dedicated page on FilmFreeway:
click here to subscribe :
Any short films that do not meet all the requirements will not be accepted. There are no refunds if an entry does not fully meet the requirements to participate in the competition.
- Around thirty short films will be selected among those accepted to compete. The jury will judge the short films in the official selection and, through votation, will choose ten finalist works. The ten finalist short films will be screened during the festival, at the end of which the winning short films will be announced and awarded.
- Selected filmmakers will be contacted through Filmfreeway.
- Once selected, participants cannot withdraw their short films from the competition and they have to provide:
- Clean Screener (without subtitles burned-in) in Apple ProRes 422 (HQ recommend), 1920 x 1080, 48 kHz 24-bit audio, .mov wrapper.
Image: Please make sure that your film does not open/finish with a colour bar or extended blackness.
- Subtitles file (.srt) or dialogue list in English.
- The direction of the festival will not accept physical supports and will not return any screener received.
- The direction of the festival will provide the Official Selection laurel logo to all selected filmmakers to freely use it.
- The direction of the festival will notify whether a submitted film is selected or not through FilmFreeway. Participants will find the Official Selection line-up list on our website and our social network pages.
- The direction of the festival will invite and provide hosting and food to all the four winning directors in the official competition. The festival does not cover travel expenses nor pays screening fees.
Those foreign short films not selected in the official competition will be considered for Longless Film Festival – com’è corto il mondo (how short the world is), a cultural initiative organized by the festival dedicated to different peoples and cultures on the planet.
- The jury will include professionals from the cinema world, television, media, teaching.
- The jury’s decision will be irrevocable.
- A second jury, the Young Jury, made up of very young people from the area, will also choose one among the Italian short films in the official selection to assign the Young Award.
The jury is committed to assigning the following awards and prizes:
FIRST PLACE AWARD
€ 500 + Plaque
SECOND PLACE AWARD
€ 200 + Plaque
THIRD PLACE AWARD
€ 100 + Plaque
YOUNG JURY AWARD
A coupon that can be spent at Foto Colombo + Plaque
The Young Jury will award their favourite Italian short film.
- The awards will be given away at Longless Film Festival‘s closure.
- The winners who will not be present could have their awards sent by post, exclusively on Italian territory, at the expense of the festival. It will not be possible to send any uncollected awards outside the national borders.
MATERIAL AND RIGHTS
- The short film copies and any materials submitted to the competition will become part of the archive of the festival. At the request of the director, a short film can be removed from the video library.
In any case, Longless Film Festival is committed to exclusively use these copies for cultural purposes and never in a commercial way.
- By signing this regulation, you agree to the screening of any submitted short films during the selection phases and the days of the festival. Furthermore, you agree to the use of the same or part of them, the title, their poster or the names of the directors for promotional and informative purposes (like promotional clips, posters and brochures).
Following the previous points, participants will not be able to demand any compensation for the screening of their short film. If producers show complaints, the direction of the festival may reserve the right to ultimately exclude the short film from the competition, even if already selected by the jury.
By submitting, the participants agree to all regulations set out in these guidelines. Producers, distributors and other people or organizations submitting a film must ensure that any third parties connected to the production agree to its participation in the festival.